Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 7

Well, it's been a week since I had the procedure done, and today the last few flecks of crusty-gross fell off, around 4. I thought that was a good sign that it was time to wash my face and see what was going on. The aquaphor is giving me a bit of an allergic reaction on the parts of my face that avoided the laser but still get swathed in aquaphor, so I'm excited at the prospect of not having to put it on anymore.

Tonight's the last night, but this evening was a fancy party, and I figured since the crusty was gone and things were looking pink but healthy that I could risk some Cetaphil moisturiser and a bit of mineral makeup. You couldn't even tell there was anything going on under there! Most of the swelling has gone down and the skin is very smooth, except for a few spots that I hope will resolve themselves in time.

I'll edit this to include a photo tomorrow when I download my photos from my camera, but I'm quite pleased at how things are progressing.

EDIT: Here's the photo!




Today it looks the same. The rash is worse, and my face feels hot, but really it's no different. I'm just using moisturizer tonight, as the aquaphor prevents me from having a good sleep because I'm so worried about wiping it off or staining the pillowcases with grease.

No comments: